Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My son's a genuis...Happy Valentines!

First off, Valentine's Day isn't much to speak of in this house.  Tim and I both agree that we love each other plenty year round and we don't need another day to stress over what gift to buy one another. We generally exchange cards and I ALWAYS get flowers.  I get flowers other times throughout the year also though and those mean just as much to me :) And because I need no excuse for chocolate, I made chocolate covered strawberries too!
Now, I will say that every holiday is immensely more fun with Patrick around.  He got a present from Tim and I and a chocolate treat from Grandma. He wouldn't eat his dinner but the chocolate went down no problem...
As for his geniusness...Tonight his dad was quizzing him on the various animal noises that he knows.  He's a pro at the basics (cat, dog, cow) and last week his Oma and Opa taught him monkey, complete with underarm scratching! After going through all the animals he knows, Tim tried to throw him off by asking what a hippopotamus says.  He was not the least bit stumped.  He went straight to his bookshelf and pulled out 'Not the Hippopatumus' a book he received for Christmas.  Genius.  Pure genius.  As Tim would say, he's getting closer and closer to becoming our evil over lord.

Every day is a new day with this child and each morning I wake up listening to him chat to himself in his crib and I can't wait to see what he's going to teach me that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment