Monday, February 20, 2012

Making memories is so much fun!

Wow! What a weekend...Tim and I decided to take advantage of his long weekend and head down to San Francisco.  I regret terribly that we don't do this more often.  This amazing city is only 1.5 hours away, yet we never seem to make it there.  After this trip, I vow to rectify this and go at least every other month for a day trip if nothing else.


I really wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to improve my photography skills.  I hope you all like pictures because this entry is gonna have a few :) I'm lucky enough to have a professional grade Nikon at my disposal courtesy of my big sister Wendy who is an awesome real  photographer.  I really don't know much about using it so excuse my learning curve here...


First things first, we had to pack up...Gone are the days of throwing some clothes and a toothbrush in a bag and heading out the door! Even just one night away requires so much planning when a little one is added into the mix.  Add to the fact that I like to be OVER prepared (to say the least) and we ended up with a trunkful just for our little get away.
Yes, it takes 5 bags, 2 camera cases and one small cooler to make it for approximately 24 hours away...(not to mention the pack n play and the stroller already in the car)
 We thought we had a long drive in front of us because the bay bridge was closed and we had to take the Golden Gate. Fortunately, we lucked out and traffic was smooth sailing. We made such good time that we decided to stop at one of my favorite places to take some pics.  Last time we were at the Marin Headlands P-man was just 5 weeks old.  LOVE this place...
We lucked out with some seriously awesome weather for pictures. Does it get any better?
I gotta say, I'm more than a little proud of myself for catching this shot just as P was looking right at the camera.
I heart this picture so much...
 From there it was off to the zoo.  I was slightly worried that we would be disappointed because the Sacramento leaves A LOT to be desired.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The San Francisco Zoo is gorgeous! It's clean and beautiful and the animal enclosures are really impressive.  I hate going to zoos in which the animals look sad to be there.  We also got to meet up with a fellow MOOB Julie and her sweet little man Wyatt.  They were so much fun.
Little man LOVED feeding the ducks...
Just a couple of new friends hanging out in the barn
I think he liked it...
After an interesting night in the hotel (always a challenge with little man) we met some awesome friends for breakfast and headed out to act like stupid tourists.  I can't help myself, I think Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 are great fun!  Plus, Patrick got to see the ocean and walk in the sand for the first time.  It's a memory I'm going to keep forever...
Awestruck


I ask you, what's better than pictures of fat little baby feet?


My heart is melting just looking at the picture.
Of course, it's not a trip to SF without checking out the sea lions.  Patrick was a little preoccupied by the giant cookie I thought he deserved for being such a good boy all weekend, but he liked them any way.




And finally, I couldn't resist forcing my child to pose for even more pictures with all the beautiful flowers that were in bloom everywhere we looked.  They were so gorgeous...




I realize that I cut Tim's head off but Patrick's face is just so sweet!


My attempt at being artsy


It took about 8 million pics to get this ONE where he's actually looking!
I love my little family so much.  I'm so lucky to have a husband who  is always up for adventure and a child who's highly adaptable and pretty adventurous himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment