Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Best Diet Ever!

Ok, so the title of this is a bit misleading...my proposal is not so much a diet but a life change :)

Recently I've been one of those people I previously hated. I magically lost 10lbs without trying! I wasn't exactly a size 2 before, but 10lbs was a lot of weight for me to lose so mysteriously. I didn't  think much of it and attributed the loss to stress from school and an epic bout of food poisoning.

Today I was eating a cookie (and by cookie I mean Kashi organic, granola filled, oat laced, carob drizzled piece of cardboard) when I had a revelation...Without even noticing I had cut the portion of everything I eat by at least 1/3 sometimes as much as 1/2. Now we all know how important portion control is to weight loss/maintenance. My suggestion to anyone looking for an easy way to cut portions? Invest in a 14 month old!  No matter where you go or what you do, this little hoover will follow the sound of every cabinett or refrigerator opening. With every rustle of every plastic wrapping, a little pitter patter will shortly follow and you will be greeted with a gaping mouthed baby bird that expects their fair share of anything you might enjoy. Heaven help you if you should try to deny this little one his rightful share.  You will likely suffer the wrath that is a full blown toddler meltdown of tears streaming, head banging, fist pounding and screaming. Oh the screaming...Isn't it easier to just give him a dang bite? Yes, yes it is. And yes, I also understand that you may be enjoying the exact same thing that you offered said hoover for lunch only 5 minutes ago and he refused to eat it by chucking it directly into your hair and/or carpet.  This is besides the point.  Anything you have is instantly more delicious and desirable than anything you may have offered. Ever.

Voila! Instant weight loss and a happy child.  This makes for one happy mama! My husband is always telling me that kids are a terrible investment but dividends are already paying with this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment