Saturday, January 28, 2012

Stay at home moms deserve a medal!

Well, Patrick and I survived my first official week home with no school or work prospects. It was a lot more challenging than I ever thought.  I still don't understand how these super moms get anything done! I love my little man so much but he sure does make it tough to get a resume together...Maybe it's his way of ensuring that I'll stay home with him forever :)

In order to keep us both out of trouble (and each other's hair) I tried to get out of the house as much as possible.  On Tuesday I was feeling adventurous enough to take him to the library.  Pman is so obsessed with books that I figured he would love it.  Boy was I right! He was so excited he couldn't even read a book. He just kept pulling books off one shelf and moving them to another. I'm sure the librarian loved us.  I tried to get him to sit and look at ONE book but it wasn't happening.  He had lots of fun though and we'll definitely be making it a regular trip.



We also spent A LOT of time outside.  The only way I can keep the house clean for 5 minutes is to get him out of it.  We blew bubbles, drew with chalk and tried to make it to the little play area in our neighborhood.  We never made it there because there are rocks along the sidewalk and he loves to stop and collect them.  And throw them. At cars...I did my best to teach him to only throw them past the fence into the green belt but the man has a mind of his own.  He had fun either way and he cried every time it was time to go inside.


He's such a goof! I don't know what this look is all about. Definitely trouble...



Like I said, stay at home moms deserve a medal. And a gold star. And a million dollars. And a massage. It takes a special kind of person to commit 100% of their time to their little one, and many that do this do not get enough credit.  I'm glad I have this time with Patrick and I know I should appreciate it more than I do.  Unfortunately, I think I'll be happier when I can spend part of my day missing him...Yes, I feel very guilty for feeling this way but I know a lot of moms do whether they admit or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment